Car-Eoke

I sing. I don't sing in the shower. I like to sing in the car. Here are some of my favorites to wail to.

Rainy Night House by Joni Mitchell-I love the lyrics of this song and the reverent quality of her voice. I love her poetry and listening to her work I can believe that I feel the era itself, but many of her songs are too high for me to sing. This one matches my low alto well.



Paparrazi by Lady Gaga-I can sing her stuff. Range, tone, I can handle it. May not sound as good, but for car-eoke, it's a good fit. Plus it's about obsessive love, and who don't like wailing about that. She's dead sexy too.



The Art Teacher by Rufus Wainwright-His range and mine aren't the same. Sure thing, but this song of love unspoken, and then lost, is poignant, precious and piercing.



Friends In Low Places by Garth Brooks-Now don't judge me. I LOVE singing this song because it reminds me of my college roommate G, who would drag out and sing this song LOUD while doing the housecleaning.

GARTH BROOKS - FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES
Uploaded by rawestern. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.



Black by Pearl Jam
- Shit, fuck the last line....."I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a sun in somebody else's sky, but why why, why can't it be, can't it be mine"....enough said right? And plus check out how deadly fucking sexy Eddie is here, all cold and damp and fierce.



Where Have All The Cowboys Gone by Paula Cole-Because sometimes being a woman is hard on a girl.



Landslide by Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac-because this song is just.....beautiful. Just beautiful. And true. A true piece of writing, singing and playing.



Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb-He was so beautiful and died before I even was old enough to get a crush on him. I love this song.


Chaiya Chaiya Dil Se-Sexy, beautiful, and reminds me of a wonderful show full of people that I love. Truth be told I don't sing it, but I wail a bit and try to learn how to make my voice do what their voices are doing. Quite different to my little western ears and vocal cords. Challenging and fun.

Comments

  1. Awesome collection! And who could judge you for diggin' on Garth? Or country music in particular? Or, hell, ANY music in particular!

    Lately I've been feeling all Melissa Ethridge and John Hiatt -- Specifically "Angels Will Fall" and "Blue Periscope." I've got to work my way back to some Reba McIntyre!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment