Lovely Bones

Last night we had a potluck for the show I'm in, Apocalypse, and I made these, Roasted Marrow Bones, on toast.

There is something quite viscerally satisfying about roasting bones. While I spent nearly 10 years as as full on veg, I'm a omnivore at heart and beyond that, an adventurer (crickets? Bring it)

The bones were inexpensive and easy as hell to prepare. About 40 minutes (depending on the strength of your oven) at 450 degrees and you get golden, gloppy meat butter.

Reactions from my crew varied from NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMBONESSSSSSSSSS, to Hell No Never In A Million Years. A few people tried them, liking the taste but not being able to get over the actual "Bone Marrow" part.

It's a nice treat and easy to make and a fun adventure, if you are so inclined.

Comments

Post a Comment