News Round Up Or Things I Just Don't Know About

So there was this fun piece is making the rounds in the improv community, Why Improv Is The Best Sex. I'll say it's generally less messy than sex, but not always.

Anything that gets you in your body and gets your mind out of nattering and into necking is probably a good thing (thank you Dusk), and while I'm all for bring the improv into sexual encounters, I just don't know if I'd want much more sex brought to the improv. Onstage. Well, obviously. But then again, it could prove to be a pretty interesting (possibly in both uplifting and traumatic ways) psychological experiment for the actors at the very least.

How real can we let our improv become? How much stage killing, fighting, punching, and destroying can the audience enjoy....how much kissing, touching, groping and humping can anyone really deal with? Stage fighting is quite obviously not real. Stage sexing would either look ridiculously comic or very, very...well someone is gonna get uncomfortable. Are there moments when that discomfort is the point? Probably. Or where the work is worth the weird? Possibly. Is it "brave" or "edgy" improv? Or, quite literally, masturbatory....How "real" is too real, and at the same time fake as hell? I have no idea.

I just don't know about that. I'm willing to investigate though I have some lingering concerns.


And then there was this article on the Slog, about some dude at Cornell peforming surgeries on little girls, and even worse...quite questionable followup. Well, I don't know about this one so much that I'll just let you read it for yourself though I'll warn you, it's disturbing and decide if it was some kind of Onion story gone wrong or something terribly awfully real.

I really don't know the fuck about that one.

Finally, this total tool from Texas basically apologized to BP for the US. I mean honestly. I don't have words really. I mean, you'd think I wouldn't have words for the second post up there the one about genital mutilation, but actually I could rate for days about that. But this? I mean...what? The gulf. The fucking gulf. People. Dead birds and waves that are now ORANGE with oil. I don't know where to start. That situation makes me feel frozen inside. He retracted the apology but you know he didn't mean it.

I don't know. I just don't know.

I'm jumping channels between the Lakers/Boston game, the World Cup, and So You Think You Can Dance. I'm eating Butter Pecan Ice Cream and I just don't know.

Comments