Recipe Tuesday-Radicchio Edition

During one of the past few days that I have been dreadfully under the oppressive weather, weathering a migraine-like type headache for what seemed like nearly a week, I saw an episode of The Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network.

I don't much like her. She and Paula Deen seem to be two sides of the same food robot. Come to think of it, Giada and Rachel Ray are similar. Paula and Rachel are selling down home hucksterism, filling recipes with butter, fat and the yuks of ones who needs to take a valium, and the Ina and Giada are shilling elegant upscale entertaining with refined ingredients and with no humor at all. Indeed, perhaps the valium has been taken in their cases.

Don't get me started on The Neely's who appear to use cooking together as a kind of ritualistic foreplay, or Sandra Lee. I just want to completely destroy Sandra Lee. Nothing makes me happier than hearing how much Anthony Bourdain despises her.

Anyway, so Ina Garten was making this pasta recipe and I think I'd like to try it except I would not use gorganzola, because I hate it. I would probably also make a balsamic reduction to drizzle over it because I like balsamic reductions. I think the whole radicchio thing is intriguing.

Comments

  1. Ina seems to have not idea what her meals would actually cost a real person to make. And, yes... no humor, lots of valium. Oh, and Rachel Ray seriously needs a better bra. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment