Recipe Tuesday

Recipe For My Favorite Time Of Year

From the first chill of fall, which in Austin comes in late September to early October, to the last chime of midnight on December 31....this season is my favorite time of year.

I love the way fall feels. It feels clean. It feels beautiful with a tinge of darkness to it, like a hint of death or rot on an otherwise delicious apple. It's chilly, it's sweaters, it's candy corn. It's wind and rain and roasted squash.

It's dark afternoons and a particularly weird slanted light in the twilight. Fall is promises of family and feasts and goblets of wine held high in the hopes of a brave new year.

Though spring is often described as the rebirth of the world, fall feels like potential to me.

Maybe I have it all backwards, but I don't think so. I think I like the underworld just fine.

Comments